Sunshine on my Shoulders...

Makes me happy...  If you're now singing along in your head. THANK YOU for being old enough to know that song. If not, Google John Denver and try not to laugh. That song was a biggie when I was a little girl. Plus, JD was on Sesame Street a lot and you know I loves me some Sesame Street. The Sunshine on my Shoulders today is  from this little beauty:
I have been awarded the Sunshine Award, not once, but FOUR times. Four blog buddies thought enough to to include me on their top 10. Wow, I mean. wow. Thank you bunches to Heidi at GlobicateJen at The Teachers' Cauldron, Tara at 4th Grade Frolics and Charity at The Organized Classroom BlogStop by and visit my friends, they are quite amazing!

Here are the rules for accepting this award:
1.  Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
2.  Answer the following questions below.
3.  And pass the award to 10-12 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.

So, here are my answers to the questions:
1.  Favorite Color?  Does glitter count as a color? No? I'll go with pink. 

2.  Favorite animal?  Otter. 

3.  Favorite number?  Any combination that will someday win the lottery. 

4.  Favorite drink?  Iced Venti 4 pump Vanilla Latte w/ light ice <--Hey, I'm just being honest.

5.  Facebook or Twitter? Facebook. I try to tweet, but I have to force it. I think we might break up.

6.  Your passion? Teaching, creating things for my kids and other teachers, traveling with my husband. (Although we both hate to fly, so we are partial to road trips)

7.  Giving or getting presents? I'm supposed to say giving here, right?

8.  Favorite day? I have a 30 minute window that is my absolute favorite. It's just me and the hubs so we tend to spoil each other. I love Christmas morning when it's just the two of us in front of the tree with Christmas music on exchanging gifts with the fake yule-log on TV (it is South Florida remember).
( I have no idea why the font is getting bigger and smaller. I'm not purposely trying to drive you for an early eye exam. I tried copying, pasting, choosing a new font, resizing...but this is the way the blog gods seem to want it to be)


This is the crazy hard part. I tried to search out some of my faves that have not already been awarded. I hate this part because I so don't want to hurt anyone's feelings...ugh. K, here:

I know I probably left off someone I'll feel terrible that I didn't include. So, in case that was you, I'll leave you with this funny story.  I've told you all before that I don't love cleaning. I do like cooking (well I like watching Food Network). I don't cook nearly as often as I should. This story proves it. Last year, my mother in law insisted on bringing baked sweet potatoes to Thanksgiving after I reminded her that somehow no one reached past the mountain of buttery mashed potatoes or marshmallow gooped sweet potato casserole to get to the plain ol' spuds. Did she listen? No. She brought a plate of them anyway. Being the dutiful daughter in law that I am, I smiled and put them in the oven to keep them warm. We went on to enjoy a great dinner and everyone was happy. Flash forward about 3 weeks. I pre-heated the oven (probably to make my world famous slice and bake cookies). After about twenty minutes the most foul smell had invaded my entire house. I finally opened the oven to investigate and there was the plate of  rotten sweet potatoes! Time had reduced them to a pile of semi-potato shaped orange lumps covered with mold and I had COOKED them. I don't know about you, but that was the first time I had cooked rotten, moldy potatoes. The stench was unbearable. I ended up holding my breath and running outside with the hot pan and throwing it in the front lawn. My plan was to leave it there to ward off the neighborhood moose dog that uses my front lawn as his personal crapper, but eventually the hubs disposed of the mess for me. This year I double checked the oven. We're all clear.


Photobucket




2 comments

  1. That is hilarious! I've been known to hide things in the oven when people show up unexpectedly. Then I forget and preheat the oven to bake a "cardboard" crust pizza and cook whatever I stashed earlier. I've actually cooked felt! You heard it correctly. Stuffed a crafting mess in from the dining room table and nearly burned the house down. Cooked felt doesn't smell good, but I think you took the cake! Thanks for a good laugh.
    2B Honey Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I threw my entire crockpot away last month (in the neighbor's can) because I thought it was clean and had just been sitting there....no one else was putting it up so I wasn't either!

    We came home from school one afternoon and I guess whatever was in there had fermented or something...we thought it was a dishcloth in the sink....after investigating- I found the crockpot and thought I was going to die!!!

    I didn't recook it- but it does still bother me that I don't remember what the last thing I cooked was!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top