What a Wicked Web We Weave!

It was a little hard to come up with a door for our Just Say No decorating contest this year.  Inspiration was just escaping me! It just happens sometimes, ya know? This was quite a contrast from my mummy door a few years ago.

So, what did I do? Hop on Pinterest of course!  I soon saw these extra-super cute almost-muppet like spiders from DoodleBugs Teaching and ...bing! Inspiration!
We modified the colors a bit because the spider web I bought (just a cheapie from the grocery store) was black and I wanted the spiders to stand out. They are actually a pretty purple, but they look more blue in the picture.  LOVE those noses!! I cheated a little and punched out the black and white circles with craft punches. (That might have had something to do with the door needing to be done today!)



 




I may try to add some more cottony webbing tomorrow, but that stuff is a pain in the tush! If I didn't procrastinate so much I also would have had them write something on the spider...but again, it's done and it's not half bad! Thanks Doodlebug for posting your cute spiders! Visit her for your copy of the patterns and click {HERE} if you'd like those "Heed This Warning" signs for yourself.

Coming soon...my storybook pumpkin character (which also involves a bit of procrastination...I'm sensing a pattern here...)

Photobucket









3 comments

  1. i LOVE it Denise! I never come into your hallway to check out all you're doing! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!! I saw your spiders on pinterest and said.. hey those are mine!

    They turned out awesome!

    kacey
    Doodle Bugs Teaching
    Doodle Bugs Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kacey,
    I hope you're ok with me sharing it! It was super cute and a definite keeper :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top